Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh my darling, Oh my darling....

Oh my darling Clementine! Mmmm, we have a big bowl on the table full of these little darlings right now!

As I'd hoped my headache passed and my tummy isn't quite as upset so after church Steve picked me up and we went to the grocery store. $111 later and we've got a kitchen full of fresh fruit and veggies, fixings for at least 5 meals (several of which will yield enough leftovers for 3 days worth of lunches for both Steve and I), tons of frozen veggies and bags of rice for side dishes...all the stuff needed to maintain my weight loss program and fill my family with healthy choices.

I know its hard for Steve to drop that large amount at the store, but if we do the math of how much we've been spending to eat out so often I know we're saving. In the past though we've saved money eating at home but with what I'd call 'cheap fills, things like pizza muffins or cheesy chicken rice. Yummy yes but not very nutritious. It costs to eat healthy, that's unfortunate but true. In the long run though the money spend for groceries will be well worth the money we save on blood pressure meds and doctors visits!

1 comment:

  1. You're definitely right. When we start eating out more often and I do the math to see what we're actually spending eating out, it ends up being cheaper to eat at home!
    Sounds like you're doing great - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete