Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 7

Not a very creative title but it sort of sums up my feelings this morning. It's Day 7. I woke up with that, 'uck why isn't it saturday?' feeling. The kids were wound up and cranky yesterday, I stayed up way too late watching A Walk To Remember, and I'm just ready for that first weigh in.

I had a little rough spot with my plan last night. Not in the way you'd think either. It was 10pm and I had 11 points left....sigh. So, my sweet husband called as he was leaving work and wanted to know what I wanted him to get for me. My plan originally was ice cream, I just wanted a little and figured it was dairy so it would be a great splurge/healthy way to fill those leftover points. The problem? I lost track of time so when he called I was put on the spot to 'name that food' and hadn't looked up any points for anything. I was trying to look them up fast but the computer wasn't cooperating and I suddenly felt very pressured to give him an answer so he could come home. We had a wee spat over it (him insisting he'd go anywhere in the world to get me something, me saying please just forget it and come home, him saying 'but you need to eat something') aaaaaaah! I do not want to feel pressured/stressed over food choices, no matter what the circumstances. I ended up eating a little chocolate bar from my stocking and a handful of pecans. It was tasty, a treat and took me to the end of my points so it worked out. I threw in an apple for good measure (and fiber!) since it was free :) Loving that free fruit!

So back to today, I don't have anything planned for dinner, we only bought enough for dinners through thursdady, and I should be eating breakfast but I just am not hungry, and I just want today to be over so I can see how this plan is working out. I typically lose around 4lb the first week and really want to see how this new plan compares on the scale.

Ok, time to get dressed and go to the store. The trip outdoors should do some good for the kids....Luca's about to find a new home with the cranky, whiny attitude he's sporting today!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes when I don't feel like breakfast, I just force myself to eat a small yogurt (we always have Activia Light in the fridge). I'm not sure how that works with WW, but it's easy to eat fast, while chasing kids, and then I've put something in my stomach so I'm not suddenly starving later.
    :)

    ReplyDelete