Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Avoiding Disaster


Lil man had his very first dentist appointment this morning...across town...at 8:30am, so we were scooting out the door on empty tummies this morning and had told him he could pick what we had for breakfast if he was a good boy for the dentist. He did AMAZING and I was so so proud of him. He wanted pancakes. So our choices were Big Boy or Bob Evans for breakfast since it was only 9:30 when we were finished, Steve chose Big Boy.

First thing I did was ask if they had nutrition info available, and they don't. I checked WW and that is not a restaurant they have info for either, so......I did it the old fashioned way and broke it down my food. I ended up getting the breakfast buffet, it as about the same price as a meal but much more flexible for me. So I had some scrambled eggs, a couple (3 exactly) pieces of bacon, a few home fries (the little cube kind) and a little yogurt parfait cup that had about 3oz of yogurt, a few cherries and a little granola on top. That little yogurt cup was so good! I'm so proud of myself, I only used 14 points and didn't have any problems with controlling myself. I successfully avoided the muffins and the hash brown sticks, the corn nuggets (oh so tasty) and the pancakes, and even my big time favorite, the Cinnamon sugar french toast. I passed on the Special K because they didn't have skim milk for it, only 2%.

I was satisfied. Not my favorite eggs but it was protein and it fueled my body which is really what food is here for anyway. On top of it all I had 3 glasses of water, I'm guessing each glass was around 12oz. Eating out doesn't have to be a disaster, even if the restaurants nutrition information isn't available. I took my time, asked questions and made the best choices for me. I'd call that a non scale victory for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment