Monday, January 17, 2011

Major WW Recipe Win!

I've been tagging tons of WW recipes on my etools and have made a mission of trying as many new ones as possible. After a few months I get in a rut with my food and I figure if I have a super large selection of recipe's that we love then we'll never get bored. Well, with Steve home for the holiday, I decided to try one of these yummy recipes....Parmesan Chicken Strips....OH SO GOOD!!!!!!




The chicken stayed moist and the coating was FABULOUS! This is going to be one we make a lot. It was quick and easy also, which with 2 kids and a hungry husband is a must. I'm going to post the recipe below, as its only available to etools users or WW online members, but its one that I think a lot of people would love!



Ingredients



1 spray(s) cooking spray

1/2 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs, Italian-style

3/4 oz reduced fat parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)

1 tsp garlic powder
3 large egg white(s)
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 24 thin strips

1 cup(s) marinara sauce, heated

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.

  • Combine bread crumbs, cheese and garlic powder in a small, shallow bowl. Whip egg whites until foamy and place in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken first into egg whites and then into bread crumb mixture to coat thoroughly. (Note: You may use boneless, skinless chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts, if desired.)

  • Place chicken tenders on prepared pan and bake until crispy, about 25 minutes. Serve chicken with warmed sauce. Yields about 6 chicken tenders and 1/4 cup of sauce per serving.

For anyone doing the new PointsPlus plan, it's 7 points per serving and yields 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment