Monday, February 28, 2011

Playing Catch Up


Phew, the past week has been really busy and I haven't had time to post on this blog but do not fear, I haven't given up! On the contrary I'm stronger than ever, just busy :)

So lets recap shall we? Last week I weighed in and to my immense surprise I was down .8lb, totally not expecting that! I really was just hoping that I'd maintain, I knew I had used my points loosely so this was a happy WI. I didn't get cocky though because experience has shown me that you don't always get what you expect when you expect it.

Fast forward to this past Saturday, up .8lb.....my first gain. I wasn't mad or upset or even surprised by it. I know that when I play roulette with my points that often the NEXT week is the one that kicks my ass as was the case this week. I stayed within my points and used most but not all of my weeklies but, BUT, I didn't get my water in like I should have and had more soda (diet of course) this week than I've been doing. Not everyone realized that soda is LOADED with sodium and I for one was feeling a bit whale like from the fluid retention.

So what did I do? Not a darn thing. Well not exactly, I just mean I didn't pout or cry or stomp my foot and tell my leader its not fair, its the scale I tell you, I swear I didn't earn this gain! I went home and made my grocery list for the week, making sure to have 4 meals worth of ingredients on that list and that at least 2 of those meals were ones that have tons of leftovers for lunches. I drank a few big glasses of water, took my meds (high blood pressure) and then ate very conservatively through the weekend.

So guess what? I hopped on my home scale this morning and low and behold, I'm down about 4lbs from Saturday. Crazy right? Not really because I've been peeing like a pregnant women! That tells me I was correct in thinking I was retaining water, this is why drinking water like a fishy is sooooo important. It flushes out the sodium and toxins and other crap that hangs around from processed foods and soda and junk. You can eat 100% within your points and not loose well if its all junk. You'll lose but not nearly as efficiently as you could and should be.

I've got romaine lettuce and black olives in the fridge, ready for a huge salad with light ranch for lunch. I've got chicken breasts for baked chicken for dinner and am almost drooling thinking of it paired with mashed potatoes and broccoli! I'm eating healthier and its showing. My face is slimming down, my love handles and more like little speed bumps now and shrinking by the day. I've had to retire my 'fat pants' in favor of a smaller pair. It's all coming together and I'm working it one day at a time.

This post might have gone a little preachy for my style but that's okay. I type what I think and what I think doesn't always flow smoothly or be easily understood but this blog is #1 for me to say what needs said and keep myself accountable. I can't wait to post that next progress picture meaning I've lost 20lb! If you don't mine, say a little prayer to the Weight Loss Gods for me....Cadbury eggs are in the stores now!

No comments:

Post a Comment