Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 8 Weigh In

Visit The Knot!

That's right my lovelies! I kicked WW ass this week and took names! Down 3.4lbs!!! I was not about to let last weeks teeny gain effect me in any way but a positive one. I stuck to my points, only used about half of my weeklies and got lots of water in. There was more 'junk' eating out this week than I'd planned on but you know what? That's life and it happens, you just have to learn to roll with it.



So as a little 'gift' of encouragement to myself I've decided to make a bracelet. For every 5 lbs I get to add a bead to it and so far it has 3 little beads but they are BEAUTIFUL! I wore it to a good friends baby shower today and a reminder to myself that if I was careful with what I ate I could enjoy a piece of cake without going nuts. I had a big plate of fresh fruit...0pts! I didn't feel at all guilty about the delisciously yummy chocolate cupcake with buttercreme icing either.

Here in a bit when the natives fall asleep I'm going to get my measurements again. I'm loving this point in my journey because people are starting to comment on noticing a difference, especially through my sides/hips and chin gobble. Yay!!! I'm thinking of posting that as well as my weight loss each week. I have nothing to hide and I know for others following their own journey to thin, it might be helpful to see that even if some weeks the scale isn't nice you could still be shrinking right out of your pants.

I'm also doing something incredibly brave on this post and if you have a weak stomach, small children in the room or are eating dinner you may want to stop right here.....because I'm going to post a picture of my stomach in its current condition! Laproscopy scars and stretch marks included. It's certainly not pretty and I'm not doing it for any reason other than...I've got 'fat pictures' galore but I've never taken a picture of my actual belly because, well lets be honest, its GROSS. I think though that I can tuck it away in a drawer and when I'm struggling I can use it for motivation. When my weight is gone I can use it with my 'before' pictures. I just need to do it. So..................................................deep breath............................here goes nothing!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bracelet idea!!! What a great idea to do that. And wearing it to the baby shower was a stroke of genius. I admire your bravery in posting the pic of your belly. My belly is, well, interesting as I have a appendectomy scar, 3 scars from my gallbladder removal, and a c-section scar from 3 c-sections not to mention too many stretch marks. Good for you to be brave. And PROUD. Very proud of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, its on of the Pandora style, I got the beads and bracelet for less than $10 at Michael's. I'm all about the stickers and 'reward' type stuff :)

    I hesitated because that picture is truly horrible, I have the scars from my gallbladder also, my 2 c-section scars are under my 'roll' lol so those didn't show but oh the stretch marks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I wish I could figure out how to be notified when you post! I'm not good at doing it "on purpose". Love your courage!

    ReplyDelete