Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm here I'm here!

Wow, 2 weeks without a post, that's soooo not like me! It's been busy and sucky and I just haven't had time or felt like it but lets play catch up.

Week 10 WI: up 1.8lb, not a super big surprise. We had a formal dinner event the night before for hubby's work, and while I had the points and planned ahead we did not have enough fluids that evening. There was 1 pitcher of water for the table which was never refilled. Needless to say, we had to stop for a diet soda on the way home because I was PARCHED! I could tell that I was retaining water from the dinner (and 1 cocktail I indulged in) because my feet were quite swollen after the hour long car ride home. I did however, look smoking hot lol. Would you like to see?



So, the following week I watched closely and after about 2 days the extra weight slid right off plus some. I watched and counted and stayed on track know that the following weekend would be spent on the road and out of town for a friends wedding. I had unrealistic high hopes that since the bride to be was also doing WW, as well as a good friend driving with me, that food choices would be made keeping that in mind.  I had also planned to weigh in early but the meeting times didn't work out for me and I missed it :(  I was very sad about that.

The drive there and back was quite successful, Erin and I made smart choices, packed wisely and made sure to have plenty of water and diet soda on hand to keep hydrated.  It all sort of crashed and burned when we arrived Thursday night.  Do to an hour time difference, we ended up eating dinner around 7:30 Missouri time which was 8:30 our time, we were starving.  The bride to be lives in a itsy bitsy teensy weensy little town that had very limited options for eating at that time of day.  The place we went was super cute and the food was great but being exhausted and starving and a lack of healthy options on the menu I fell into bad habits (as did Erin I'm afraid) and got an appetizer sampler.  I wrote it all down, each and every bite, but haven't been brave enough to figure out that meals points yet lol.

Friday was an incredibly busy and stressful day.  McDonald's breakfast (need i say more?), a higher point lunch (there WAS a grilled chicken on the menu but it didn't sound appetizing so I got fried shrimp...slaps head) followed by rehearsal dinner.  Now I at a SUPER HUGE TON of fresh veggies at dinner and removed the crunchy fried skin from my piece of chicken breast, but I couldn't quite say no to that delicious looking brownie.  SIGH  At this point I was just thoroughly disgusted with myself.  I vowed to not throw it all away just because I was on a trip and things would be hectic.  I blew it.  Lesson learned though, I haven't come as far as I thought I had and realize now that outside of my comfort zone I still need a little work.

Saturday could have been much much worse but because of circumstances out of my control (we weren't given a chance to eat lunch in all the disasters that happened leading up to the walk down the aisle) I only had eaten 4pts worth of food by the time we finally got to eat dinner.  The groom is Korean and his dad is friends with the owner of a local Chinese restaurant, so they served sweet and sour chicken, beef and broccoli, rice, egg rolls and crab rangoons.  GRRROOOOOAAAAANNNNNN!  Ah!!  Chinese food is like kryptonite to me!  I could eat sweet and sour chicken until the cows flew over the moon and not get tired of it.  I was very impressed with myself though.  I had equally smallish amounts of both choices, about a cup of white rice and 3, YES 3, crab rangoons.  I shudder to think of how many more than could have been if they hadn't run out.  By the time I helped cut and serve the cake though, I had absolutely no desire for it and ate about 2 bites of my super skinny piece that I had soooo been looking forward to and saving my points for.  Again, I looked good though :)



My body had reached its 'crap' limit after that and took its revenge with a 3 day long disgustingly horrible stomach and intestinal revolt.  I'm telling you, I felt SICK SICK SICK!  So, now you know.  Do not fall off the wagon like that or the gas and cramps you feel for days after may well kill you, lol.

Since Sunday morning though, and our return home, I've done great.  Keeping right on track, used about 1/2 of my weeklies trying to real myself back in, but feeling much better.  I've been drinking water like a camel, hoping to flush out the salt and ick from my system and feel like I'm back where I should be.  The scale is kindly telling me that I'm at least where I was before leaving so that's excellent.  I have my fingers crossed and my carrots cleaned and cut and ready to eat.  Next time I'm in a situation out of my normal routine I will fare much better.  I was so close to that 20lb I could just cry for not keeping that goal in mind.

I'm not at all in danger of quitting or giving up.  This just makes me more determined to lose the weight and keep going.  Check back Saturday as I will once again be at weigh in and here to share the results of this 2 week roller coaster ride!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for ruining your diet! =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't! I lost this week, and really, did you force the fried pickle in my mouth? ;)

    It was just a challenging food weekend.

    ReplyDelete