Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oooooh I Wanna Eat Like Yoooouuuuu

hummed to the tune of 'I Wanna Be Like You' from the Jungle Book :)

So, I'm always curious about what other people eat when on WW so I thought I'd take a minute to walk you through a typical day for me. Now keep in mind, I have 40pts a day currently so I get a bit more food than say, someone who is 10lb from their goal.

BREAKFAST: usually consists of a WW yogurt (I love the amaretto cheesecake and strawberry ones) with a 1/2 serving of lowfat granola w/o raisins. Yummy and only 5pts!
Or, another fav is poached eggs over light toast. I'll make 2 pieces of toast and 2 poached eggs and have a yummy breakfast for just 6pts!



LUNCH : this has been a favorite lunch for me this week. A HUGE salad of romaine lettuce, light italian dressing (2tbsps is 2pts) and 7g or crunchy bacon bits (1pt), 12 Old Wisconsin Turkey Bites (4pts), a Babybel Light Cheese (1pt) and a clementine (0pts) Total pts = 8



DINNER: A big family favorite (even the kids) is this WW Baked Ziti. It's 7pts a serving and makes 12 servings. We love it because Steve and I both have leftovers for 1 or 2 days lunch. It's always a plus when a meal is delicious and stretches! I usually pair this with broccoli or green beans for 0pts. I skip the butter and use the spray butter and a bit of salt, yummy and free!



So there you go. We have the ziti usually every week, along with the Parmesan chicken tenders I blogged about and the baked chicken. We try new recipes whenever possible but these are out staples, the ones I always have the ingredients on hand for and the kids love them. I usually have points leftover at the end of the day and can use those for a splurge like angel food cake with cool whip topping (4pts) or like tonight, 2 girl scout tagalongs (4pts!)

Feel free to ask questions! This is just for entertainment purposes and maybe to give someone a food option they hadn't thought of before.

No comments:

Post a Comment