Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NSV!!!!

I am in a wedding next month, so so so excited! I've got my dress and LOVE IT! Not to mention I look darn good in it. I still needed a dress for the rehearsal though and wanted something new and not my dresses that I wear to church, even though they are cute, I wanted something NEW to reflect the new me that I'm becoming.

I found that perfect dress this morning at Clothes Mentor, its like a Plato's Closet but for grown ups or those of us stuck in larger clothing sizes. They usually have decent quality gently used clothes and for the most part the prices are really good. It's hit or miss though, you never know what you'll find walking in there. Today I hit the jackpot :) I found a really cute, and super fun dress that....wait for it....is a size 20!!!

Ok that sounds like a really big number, and my face is a gorgeous burgundy as I post this, but you have to understand, I've been in a 22 since having Luca and really, lets be honest, it should have been a 24 recently. One should not take off their pants at night and still see the imprint of the button on their tummy. Anyway, SIZE 20! That was a super big deal for me. I grabbed it thinking it would probably not quite fit but maybe by the end of March and hopefully another 10lb it might, well it fits darn good right now! My big hope is that my tummy will continue to shrink while my boobs stay close to where they are in size, then the dress will fit awesome everywhere and if its a bit looser in the tummy then that's okay because of the style. No fat sucker inner for me! (umm that would be what I call those leotard looking torture devices that women wear to smooth out their rolls in the hopes of looking trimmer in their dresses)

So, lets recap... 1) Found awesome dress
2) dress is TOTALLY my style and personality
3) dress was ridiculously cheap at $12
and 4) dress is 2 sizes smaller than I was wearing 5 weeks ago!!

Oh, what? You want to see a picture? Well I forgot to get one in the mirror of me in the dress but I snapped a few when I got home so here ya go!


4 comments:

  1. That's awesome Cortney! Love the dress & the bright colors. Makes me think of spring! :) Very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress! And so proud of your progress - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute dress!!!!!! And congrats on the new size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER cute dress...can't wait to see you in it =)

    ReplyDelete