Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Do Does It All!



I've been planning for a few weeks to get my hair cut once I hit 10lbs. and although I wasn't quite there (only 1 more pound, fingers crossed for saturday!) I just couldn't take it anymore. I haven't had more than a trim since Stella was born so my hair was about 2" from my waist and driving me crazy! My daily do was either a braid in the back if it was dry or a top knot if it was wet......do you know how much 2 1/2 feet of wet hair weighs on top of your head??!?!?! I don't for sure but its a lot! Not to mention every where I went in my house you could see long strands of hair wrapped around stuff...gross. So Tuesday night I told Steve that I was getting it cut and he was watching the kids. Normally I'd ask as a kindness but this time I made the decision and that was that.

I went to Kenneth's and had a amazingly good time :) Allison was my stylist and I will definitely be returning to her. I think this is the absolute best cut I've ever had. She was about my age, has 2 kids same age and gender as mine and was very easy to communicate with. Nothing worse than a silent stylist! She listened to what I wanted, saw my example picture and was instantly excited about the cut. She was also thrilled that I had enough to donate :) The minimum length for Lock Of Love is 10".....I donated 15"!!! That's a lot of hair, especially when you see how much I still have. Once the bulk of my hair was chopped off we made a marvelous discovery, my hair has a wavy curl to it now! What?!?! When did that happen? Well apparently pregnancy hormones from having Stella changed my hair and it is no longer stick straight. Woohoo! I've longed for those 'beach waves' that you see all the time and could never get them to work without serious time with curlers or a curling iron. She showed me how to use a little bit of curl elixir and scrunch scrunch scrunch (or use the diffuser) and I can get that lovely wavy look with almost no time involvement. EXCELLENT!

I tried yesterday with the diffuser but didn't have quite the luck, although it was there, so I think I just need a little more practice. I actually had to dust off the hair dryer, its been that long since I've used it.The pictures do not do it justice though since Steve wouldn't get off the couch to take the picture and the angle is kind of sucky.

I can't believe how much better I feel, about how I look and my whole personality is just uplifted. I feel sexy and cute and young again. Being a stay at home mom is great but it can be so draining, like everything you do is about someone else and there's nothing left for you at the end of the day. Now I feel like I can do anything at all that I want, I'm not just mommy I'm Cortney again! I've found myself underneath all that hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment