Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Surviving Super Bowl





Knowing we were going to my parents house, and not knowing (but having a good idea) of what food would be there, I went on the offense and packed myself a little bag of goodies! I had fresh carrots and mushrooms along with lowfat ranch veggie dip, babybel cheeses, reduced fat Triscuits, mini bag of popcorn in case I wanted salty and a big Vitamin Water Zero. I ate about half of what I took along with a few splurges, exactly 6 sweet and sour meatballs, 5 little smokies, 1 deviled egg and 1/2c (yup i measured!) of sherbet punch. Out of everything, the punch was the hardest to resist because its my absolute favorite, but I had just a taste at the end and had no problem staying within my points. I was able to eat all of my favorites in moderation and with planning and felt really good for not pigging out on meatballs like I would have in the past, or drinking glass after glass of punch.

So, even though my team lost :( I was still a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment