Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Starting On The Right Foot

I have started WW many many times, and had success a couple of times, but I've never EVER done it along with exercise.  Sure I did a free 6 week trial of Curves and really liked the feeling of having accomplished something, but that evil E word never really happened.

This time around I'm starting things off right, with EXERCISE!  Steve and I joined the YMCA when he got back from his deployment and part of the membership is 8 free weeks with a trainer to learn how all the machines work and to set up a good workout routine.  I started doing the bike and quickly found out that I got a much better workout on another one of those horrid E-words...the ELLIPTICAL!  I tell you I was scared to death of that thing, heard horror stories etc and once I started doing it I LOVE IT.  Okay well nobody loooooves working out but I love the feeling of pride and 'hell yeah!' that I get when I climb off all shaky kneed and sweaty.  Not to mention the huge amount of calories you burn!

Side View before pic (all sweaty, ewww)

Before Pic front view

It's not pretty but it feels great!  This was me, yesterday, after 45 minutes on the elliptical.  I thought about cutting it short around the 20 minute mark. Told myself that 30 minutes was still a great workout and it was a good start after being gone from the gym for so long.  However, when 30 minutes rolled around I kicked myself in the butt and make myself keep going...GO ME!

I am doing great with my food, have my gym time all planned out for the week and am feeling so positive about this!  Oh and my girl is helping me with my first 'habit' of not leaving the house without a healthy snack, she brings me clementines every time we start to leave lol.  Thanks babe ;)
healthy snack with my girl after working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment