Saturday, December 8, 2012

Nearly 1 week down

I am doing fantastic!  I'm so proud of myself, I've jumped in with both feet and am taking off.  The food part is easy, it should be since I've done it a bazillion times.  I made it to the Y 4 times last week and that is what I'm proud of.  3 of those days were 45 minutes on the elliptical and one was weight training with our trainer.  We have a few free sessions with a trainer and we're taking full advantage of them.

I'm really looking forward to Monday night.  I've worked harder this first week than I ever have and I'm excited to see what the scale says.  At the same time I'm being realistic and keeping in mind that when you start working out your muscles tend to retain water, its part of how they repair themselves and build up, so if its just a teeny loss I'm okay with that because I know it will catch up eventually.
Who knew I could do that?

So, I've decided to try and get to the gym 4-5 days during the week and then take the weekends off to recoup and relax.  We'll see how this pans out in the long run.  I have been EXHAUSTED every day and have taken a nap most everyday this week after working out.  I'm looking forward to that passing and the big burst of energy to carry me through the day.  I'm trying to make sure and eat a protein snack within half an hour of my workout to help with that.

So, I guess that's it.  I don't have much to say, just 2 more days until that first weigh in and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment