Friday, May 27, 2011

What the %$&*!!!!

So, because its a holiday weekend we don't have our regular WW class this week.  I didn't want to miss my weigh in though so I went to one of the WW centers for open weigh in.  I stepped on that scale, incredibly optimistic because I followed to the letter this week.  I didn't use any of my extra points and made sure not to miss my meds all week.

I step up and.... I lost a stinking -.4lb.  To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.  The receptionist tried to make me feel better by reminding me that it was 2 sticks of butter, my first instinct was to tell here where to stick that butter.  See, when I'm upset its better to just let me simmer for a bit, reassurance and 'its ok, its still a loss' just piss me off.  Not flattering I'm sure but it's how I am.  I called my husband on my way home and just bawled to him on the phone.  Now the logical side of my brain knows that its all a loss even if its small and it adds up over time, but the other part of me was just devastated.  I wanted that 25lb loss today, I earned it, I was desperate for it...and I didn't get it.  Like a kid not getting the doll they REALLY wanted on Christmas morning.  Oh well, maybe I'll get the doll for New Years instead.

So, my first reaction to this bad news?  You got it, FOOD TANTRUM!  Oh how I hate that.  I hate that I still want to throw in the towel because of one, not even bad, weigh in.  I got a sweet tea from McDonalds, and a hashbrown, and flipped the bird to my tracker.  Then after a few minutes I got my tracker, apologized and wrote down my points for my less than stellar tantrum breakfast. 

It's ok, it's ok, it's ok, IT'S OKAY!!!!!!  Long weekend ahead of me and I'm not going to let this get me down.  Sorry for the rant but I do feel much better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment