Monday, May 2, 2011

WW Homework : Try New Things

So.......I only blogged 2 times in April....LAME!  In my defense I spent the ENTIRE MONTH horribly horribly sick with this nasty, icky, mucusy, broncitisy type yuck.  Throw in my daughters 2nd birthday at the end of the month and it just slipped right by me.  I am still here though, still chugging along.  I roller coastered up and down the same pound most of the month so no big news there but some was medicine related (water retention) and some was just plain old comfort eating.

Onto some fun stuff now.  We had homework this week for WW, to try a new food.  Something we have always wanted to try or maybe been afraid to try, or had never even heard of before!  Just something, ANYTHING new.  I have always been a super picky eater, but I'm finding that as I've gotten older I am more willing to try new things, especially since many of things these I thought I didn't like I actually love!!!  Sushi, avocado, pesto, hummus....need I go on? 

Anyway, I got excited and decided to try spaghetti squash.  I have heard good things about it but squash is not something we ever had in our house growing up so I assumed I didn't like it.  I asked my friends for recipes, and googled then headed to the store.  I am so happy to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!  Agg where have you been all my life?  I have so much to say that I am writing a separate post about it!  I also got edemame and gave that a try, yummy and crunchy and totally something I plan on keeping on hand for snacking. 

Yay for trying new things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment